Interested in volunteering at APCH? We can’t wait to welcome you to the family! Click here for our volunteer application and we will contact you to schedule an interview and an orientation. For the safety of our members, all volunteers undergo a complete background check. To volunteer with our classes, available hours are Monday – Friday from 2:30 – 6:30pm. To find out more, check out our blog below!
If you have any questions about the volunteer process, please contact our friendly Volunteer Coordinator, Sharon Lim [email protected].
Every year up to 1,000 individuals contribute time and energy to A Place Called Home, logging more than 30,000 hours as they enrich their lives and those of our members by giving back to the community. Meet some of our recent stellar volunteers here. Volunteers can participate in a variety of ways, whether at events, during our classes, or as interns doing semester-long projects for our organization.
Some of our community events include:
- Adopt-a-Family – assist with events that benefit families in acute need
- Back to School Festival – an annual celebration of learning and a distribution of school supplies and clothing
- Thanksgiving Community Dinner – on the day before turkey-day, we serve up a feast for our community
- A Place Called Home for the Holidays – fun in the snow, a visit from Santa, music, gifts and refreshments for hundreds of South Central families
- Cinderella and Prince Charming Project – two days of inner-beauty workshops and giveaways of dresses and suits help seniors prepare for proms and graduation ceremonies
- Big Sunday – join 40,000 other volunteers across L.A. in making a difference
- Be a guest speaker to motivate our young people on their oath to success!
And so many more!
COLLEGES and UNIVERSITIES, please partner with us to provide enriching volunteer opportunities and internships for your students!
CORPORATE PARTNERS, let us engage your associates and employees as individuals or in groups as part of your social benefit program!
And, of course, individuals and families, you are always welcome to come to APCH to make a difference!
Any questions, feel free to email us below!