You know you want to!
By now you have probably looked through our website and you were intrigued enough to click the GET INVOLVED button – that’s great! You already know that A Place Called Home is a dynamic, non-profit youth and family center in South Central Los Angeles. Our community includes a terrific mix of staff and volunteers from all across L.A. working together to provide programs and services for disadvantaged youth, in education, counseling, mentoring, music, dance, art, fitness, nutrition, college prep, gardening, volunteerism and so much more. Do we need you… absolutely, and there many different ways for you to join us in this important work:
- MAKE A DONATION – APCH depends on the financial support of individuals like you, and we honor your trust by putting your dollars to work immediately and effectively.
- VOLUNTEER – Please join us in making positive change by completing the volunteer interest form – whatever your skills and interest are, there’s a way to help!
- TAKE A TOUR – Visit us and see firsthand where the magic happens!
- JOIN OUR STAFF – If you are a hard worker who is interested in doing something that feels great, take a peek at our current job openings.
- JOIN OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS – Are you looking for a peer group of successful business people and youth advocates that is making a substantial difference in L.A? Do you have time and resources to contribute? Would you like to be involved with the future growth and direction of A Place Called Home? We have big dreams and plans and you can be a part of the dynamic group of leaders who are bringing them to fruition.
- YOUNG PROFESSIONALS – JOIN OUR LEADERSHIP COUNCIL – Are you super busy with your career, but looking for a way to connect with peers and make a difference? This could be your answer. Our Leadership Council is a younger hipper version of our Board of Directors, without as big a financial commitment! The LC puts on Teen Nights, produces Stars & Strikes, organizes the Toy Drive for A Place Called Home for the Holidays, and has the occasional mixer to stay socially connected with each other.
If you’re not old enough to volunteer or work for us yet, you’re welcome to become a member and get support to focus on your hopes, dreams, concerns, needs, and vision for your future!