Interested in volunteering at APCH? We can’t wait to welcome you to the family! Fill out the form here and we will contact you to schedule an interview and an orientation. For the safety of our members, all volunteers undergo a DOJ background check.
Every year up to 1,000 individuals contribute time and energy to A Place Called Home, logging more than 20,000 hours as they enrich their lives and those of our members by giving back to the community. Volunteers can participate in a variety of ways, whether at events, during our classes, or as interns doing semester-long projects for our organization.
Some of our community events include:
- Adopt-a-Family – assist with events that benefit families in acute need
- Back to School Festival – an annual celebration of learning and a distribution of school supplies and clothing
- Thanksgiving Community Dinner – on the day before turkey-day, we serve up a feast for our community
- A Place Called Home for the Holidays – fun in the snow, a visit from Santa, music, gifts and refreshments for hundreds of South Central families
- Cinderella and Prince Charming Project – two days of inner-beauty workshops and giveaways of dresses and suits help seniors prepare for proms and graduation ceremonies
- Big Sunday – join 40,000 other volunteers across L.A. in making a difference
- Be a guest speaker to motivate our young people on their oath to success!